V24 Stereo Tube Condenser Microphone
V24 Stereo Tube Condenser Microphone
A culmination of our combined knowledge and experience, Vanguard Audio Labs is proud to present the V24 Stereo Tube Condenser Microphone - designed to be the crème de la crème of stereo microphones.
***ONLY 10 UNITS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE FIRST RUN. PREORDER NOW TO RESERVE YOURS.***
*KEEP CHECKING THIS PAGE, OUR WEBSITE, AND OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES (FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM) FOR MORE DETAILS AS WE ADD THEM. We will also be updating with exclusive details on our NEWSLETTER - you can sign up for it at the bottom of this page!*
We did not set out to make a "clone", "homage", or "tribute" to one of the most hallowed stereo microphones of all time. Rather, we used the basic circuit topology and improved upon it in as many ways as we could. This includes:
- A modernized power supply with extra filtering stages and integrated polar pattern switching
- Vastly reducing the crosstalk between the two circuits that was inherent to the original design
- Improved noise filtering along the capsule and power paths
- Extended low frequency response with a better transformer design and component value changes
- Modernized components, including US-made audiophile-grade low-noise resistors, high-end capacitors, dual Cinemag™ transformers, sealed microphone switches, and deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of the majority of the componentry
- Switchable low-pass filtering per channel - for "12"- or "251"-style high end.
- And of course, our tried-and-tested "tank turret" V44S capsule-rotating metalwork that is the most durable rotating stereo microphone design conceived, using punched stainless steel and ball bearings for stage-worthy recallable settings
Every great microphone starts with a great capsule. After much consideration, we chose a matched set of BeesNeez CK12 capsules for the V24. These Australian-made beauties are manufactured using modern automated CNC machining and Ben is extremely knowledgeable of the original CK12s. One of the most complex (and revered) capsule designs ever conceived, the CK12 is the beating heart of some of the most hallowed vintage microphones.
The dual Cinemag™ transformers emulate the properties of the famed T14 transformer found in vintage Austrian microphones, but use a larger core to obtain better low end response along with higher-quality alloys and precision windings.
Audio Performance & Features
"12" vs "251" mode - each capsule has a switch for the famous "251" high-end rolloff to emulate those hallowed microphones' respective top end response!
9 independently switchable polar patterns - XY, Mid-Side, Blumlein, or any number of creative stereo options
- 120º rotatable top capsule with 15º detents - our "tour-proof" V44S technology, the best rotation mechanism to ever grace a stereo microphone
3-output PSU for easy Mid-Side processing - a phase-reversed top capsule output allows for seamless mid-side processing with 3 cables
- Open-weave headbasket for low internal reflections and “open-air” voicing
Capsule & Electronics
- Twin matched BeesNeez CK12 historically-accurate capsules handmade in Australia
- 9 independently selectable polar patterns per capsule at the power supply
- Twin Cinemag™ T14 transformers
- Hand-selected cryo-treated 6072A tube
- Transformer-balanced tube circuitry using audiophile-grade parts, sourced from USA, Germany, Japan, France, and more
- Deep-cycle cryogenic treatment of the majority of components
- Ultra-low-noise design using PRP™ audiophile-grade precision resistors
- FIRST 10 UNITS ONLY - sealed NKK switches, cryo-treated 10-pin cables, cryo-treated Neutrik connectors, and more.
- Heavy-duty SUS304 Stainless Steel construction, with locally machined components
- Robust punched-steel capsule rotation mechanism
- Laser-engraved microphone and PSU markings
- 5-Year Warranty
- #4 grained hand-polished Stainless Steel finish
- Precision-cast Vanguard badge
- Neutrik® interconnects
- Made in USA - Assembly & 100% Quality Control in California, USA
- PS-24 Power Supply
- Padded Pinewood Microphone Box
- VLSM Large Shockmount with aerospace-grade suspension rings
- *Carrying Case*
- 10-pin Microphone Cable with Neutrik™ connectors and TMB™ cable
- IEC Power Cable
For more information, contact derek (AT) vanguardaudiolabs.com.
*10% deposit required for pre-order